Date: Monday, September 28, 2015
Location: Barbara Jo’s Books to Cooks – 1740 W. 2nd Avenue, Vancouver
Call to Order By Scott Jaeger at 15h00
Roll Call: By Céline Turenne
In attendance: Robert Belcham, Ryan Bissell, Darren Clay, Sid Cross, Scott Jaeger, Danny Markowicz, Jamie Maw, Céline Turenne, Chris Whittaker, Neil Wyles,
Guests: Leeann Froese (Townhall Communications), Kathleen Beveridge (Townhall Communications) Barb Finley, Brandon Pirie, Alex Tung, Charles Miller, Daniel Oong, Gus Stieffenhofer-Brandson, Victor Girardi
Approval of AGM Minutes: September 29, 2014
Motion to approve by Céline Turenne; 1st: Ryan Bissell; 2nd: Sid Cross
- President's report – Scott Jaeger
- Welcome to all attending and reminded everyone that all board meetings are open to the members and the public.
- Thank you to Barbara Jo for the use of her store to hold CTS board and AGM meetings as well as for the Barbara Jo’s Scholarship program.
- Very happy with the board’s energy. A great year with 3 public events: Curry Cup, Spot Prawn Festival and Slow Fish Dinner. Thank you to all chairs and committee members.
- Welcome officially to the Executive Director, Céline Turenne, who has been in the role for the last year.
- All members who want to get involved in committees or with the board are welcome!
- Presentation of un-audited 2015 Financial Statements – Neil Wyles
- Positive balance of 50k with additional revenues generated by this year’s events.
- Secretary's report – Céline Turenne
- Meetings will be scheduled for the last Tuesday of every month except for December and July. All members and members of the public who want to attend are welcome, with notice to Secretary.
- Lawyer’s office will prepare and file Annual Report upon receiving minutes from the AGM and membership list.
- Presentations from Committee Chairs:
- 2015 Spot Prawn Festival Committee – Ryan Bissel
- Successful 2015 Festival – largest attendance and profits - will be expanded in vision and scope for 2016 to include a gala and a festival;
- Dates will be confirmed in advance of season’s launch to help secure sponsors and finalize details;
- Planning will start next month (October);
- Wharf donation will increase in 2016;
- Demo kitchen location will be changed to allow better flow;
- Robert Clark is co-chair for the 10th anniversary Festival;
- Looking forward to working with committee to expand Festival.
- 2015 Curry Cup Committee – Jonathan Chovancek/Kyle Nordman (no report given)
- Very successful event with 2k cheque given to Project Chef;
- New chair for 2016 – Chris Whittaker;
- Location will probably be maintained at Heritage Hall;
- Pricing to be reviewed;
- Event will be held around mid-March
- 2015 Slow Fish Dinner – (report given by Céline Turenne)
- Sold out second annual Slow Fish Mystery Dinner was held on September 27
- Fishers and farmers present to talk about their products
- Is now scheduled as annual CTS event
- Branding & Marketing Committee - Robert Belcham
- 1 successful members event: post Spot Prawn Festival event at the wharf;
- New CTS stickers launch;
- Katharine Manson’s work to be replaced. Call out for more volunteers in social media and graphic design. Volunteers to contact info@chefstablesociety;
- Robert will work on securing grants to propel CTS forward and increase exposure.
- Membership Committee – Kyle Nordman & Chris Whittaker
- No activities during the year; the membership has been looked after by Interim Executive Director;
- New Chair: Darren Clay
- Scholarship Committee – Danny Markowicz
- 3 scholarships to be given out in conjunction with BC Hospitality Foundation for a total of 4.5k;
- 65 letters sent out to secondary and post-secondary institutions for scholarship application, only 10 applications received.
- Sustainability Committee – Andrea Carlson (no report)
- Townhall Communications report
Binder regrouping events’ coverage for the year has been presented to board and members as well as PowerPoint presentation highlighting major coverage items.
- 2014/2015 Board resignation
All board members resigned their current position on the Board
- 2015/2016 Board nomination and election
President: Scott Jaeger
Treasurer: Neil Wyles
Secretary: Céline Turenne
Chairs: Robert Belcham, Ryan Bissell, Robert Clark, Darren Clay, Danny Markowicz, Chris Whittaker
Executive Director: Céline Turenne
Advisors: Sid Cross, Jamie Maw
Motion to approve new Board slate by Céline Turenne: 1st: Danny Markowicz; 2nd: Robert Belcham
Meeting Adjournment by Scott Jaeger at 16h00