BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main Street
Call to Order: By: Scott Jaeger at 14h06
Roll Call: By: Céline Turenne
Attendance: Robert Belcham, Ryan Bissell, Jonathan Chovancek, Leeann Froese, Scott Jaeger Céline Turenne, Chris Whittaker
Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from October 28, 2014
1st: Scott Jaeger; 2nd: Robert Belcham
- Financial Report
- January 1 starting point for financials;
- Budget proposal postponed to end of January for vote
- All invoices and expenses are to be send to ED for processing, then cheque request will be made to Treasurer
- Motion to vote on organizing old books by Scott Jaeger, seconded by Robert Belcham and Ryan Bissell, approved by all.
- Membership Committee
- Membership committee meeting held in November: a new automated membership system will be considered for implementation in first quarter 2015 to facilitate membership management.
- Addition of automated renewal option with 30-day cancellation clause approved by all
- Increased members benefits needed
- E-blast to be sent to all students and lapsed members including best 3 pictures from events – Celine to coordinate
- Member appreciations event – due for one in January
- Vendors or supplier will be incorporated at $200.00 yearly and featured on web site; Vendors criteria for becoming approved; does your business align with CTS values
- Salt spring coffee application – Celine to follow-up
- Web site is static vs Facebook and twitter; #belong @walkin; create a private group on Facebook (to be managed by Kyle – Celine to change his rights)
- Mission statement to be re-visited(Leeann to review and advise)
- See Kyle for template for newsletter
- All board members to add proud member of CTS; # and “like” on Facebook; add on bottom of menus and other material;
- Stickers for CTS: Robert B. to look into – already designed but modifications are needed to add social media
- Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee
- Marketing & Branding
Member events to be organized in 2015 – insurance needs to be finalized for events to happen
- Spot Prawn Festival
- Robert Clark will be on committee;
- Ryan to have a meeting in January with Mike at wharf
- Event marketing personnel and catering facilities from UBC to organize
- Entertainment to be added
- Line-up to be managed differently from last year
- Food offered will be different
- First committee meeting: January 19, 2015
- Curry Cup
- Update from 1st committee meeting: $65.00 + tax and fee (TBC)
- Same format as last’s year with minor modifications: beer only and no wine; non-alcoholic cocktail with hot chai tea in a go cup when guests leave;
- Leeann to send out “Reserve Date” and “Tickets sale” press releases – if media and appearance, then must make sure tickets are available for sale at that time;
- Media judge? Colleen Christie?
- Discussion needed on who will receive the proceeds from the event: Project Chef to receive 2k (Celine to contact Barb and remind about membership lapse)
- Thank you to Katharine Manson for sender her detailed step by step for the event management!
- Fundraising/Scholarship Committee
- Hawksworth Scholarship: recap of meeting: as per David Hawksworth comment, CTS can vote not to participate in year 3; a few points need to be clarified:
- In principle we are founding sponsor – they approached us in the beginning and CTS should be linked in perpetuity which was the main reason for participating;
- How HYCS will cooperate so CTS can get the money to help pay scholarship needs to be worked out;
- Move forward with letter and next move to know what HYCS commitment is;
- Board had agreed to continue relationship providing above-mentioned points are clarified.
- Dish n’Dazzle participation: Celine to coordinate chefs’ participation with BCHF; CTS would like 2 or 3 products to be selected (linked to featured wine) and prepared by all chefs.
- Oceanwise presentation: member appreciation event at Aquarium would be a good idea; Celine to reply to Ann Marie Copping and loop in Robert Belcham.
- Executive Director report
- Time/Attendance/etc: all members to provide a proxy is no co-chair; at least chair or co-chair need to be present at meetings;
- Membership Drive: Celine to carry on with contacting lapsed members.
- Motion to get small storage locker by Celine Turenne; seconded by Scott Jaeger and Ryan Bissell; approved by all.
Adjournment: By: Scott Jaeger at 15h35
Next board meeting: Tuesday. January 27, 2015 at 14h00
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.