Date: Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Location: AMS Student Nest, 6133 University boul.
Call to Order: Scott Jaeger at 14h16
Roll Call: Céline Turenne
Attendance: Robert Belcham, Ryan Bissell, Sid Cross, Scott Jaeger, Danny Markowicz, Céline Turenne
Guests: Kathleen Beveridge (Town Hall Communications), Amy Chen (Town Hall Communications), Leeann Froese (Town Hall Communications)
Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from April 28, 2015
1st: Scott ; 2nd: Robert
- Financial Report
- HSBC account has been emptied out with 2 payments to SPF (verify balance with Neil)
- F/U on GST liability
- Membership Committee
- Results of mailing to lapsed members: only 10 renewals; Celine to follow-up by sending personal emails to all with log-in name to facilitate renewal.
- Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee
- Slow Fish Dinner (Sept. 27, 2015) – Scott, Jonathan, Robert C., Chinese chefs?
- Ned Bell will chair committee
- Marketing & Branding
- How to decrease bags inventory: include with purchase of tickets in Sept and March events?
- Order of chefs’ t-shirts: L, XL and XXL only? Celine to send t-shirts quantity to Robert for quote.
- Stickers: send an email to Katharine re stickers
- Spot Prawn Festival
- Post Mortem: overall, a very successful event great atmosphere – highest number served and highest revenues;
- Celine will prepare a written logistic document to add to Spot Prawn prep binder for next year recapping this year’s set-ups in all areas for reference;
- Refrigerated truck was a great asset to have on site;
- Review equipment needs and streamlined orders;
- Keep Rational oven for speed but have a boil going for (name of event);
- Prepping off site at AMS made food prep easy and fast;
- Spruce up look of deck and add seats/high tops;
- Discuss side dishes and review costs (avocadoes too expensive) – see if we can get sponsors for vegetables;
- Comments: need more signage to indicate where check-in is and process to check in;
- Time slots worked well as did bracelet and tickets for meal and alcohol samples;
- Suggestion: selling ice instead of beer – sell from the dock? Permit for selling? Part of business license – follow-up required for next year.
- Add head chef or maitre d’ (team to work on flow) to direct crowd
- Cooking stage signage: schedule – large sign with time/name;
- Media coverage review: SPECIAL MENTION TO TOWNHALL for great effort on getting media coverage before, during and after the festival.
- Townhall toast to the team!
- 10th festival planning will start next month; chair and committee to confirm;
- Fundraising/Scholarship Committee
- New Chair: Danny Markowicz
- Hawksworth Scholarship: final word – email received from Brody Jones confirming that CTS will be considered Founding partner on web site
- Participation to Connect Oct. 18 and 19, 2015 – Celine to send another email to Samantha.
- Participation in Nathan’s Fong PASSIONS, Sunday September 13, 2015 – f/u with Nathan required – Celine to send another email (replied to Nathan’s) saying that CTS will not be offering an auction prize;
- Herring Conservation Dinner: next year yes but too late for this year’s event. Celine to send an email that we will pass for this year based on timing, but would like to start conversation early for next year’s.
- Project Chef: cheque giving ceremony at the Junior Curry Cup; media handled by Town Hall.
- AGM date: September – board meeting – new board member wanted
- Partners offers/process: need to develop a plan to work out partnering with vendors/suppliers – define what it really means for the company and CTS and its members. A new chair on the board could be created to look after sponsor relations. To be discussed further.
- Executive Director position: job description to be given to Scott; meeting to be organized by Scott to further the discussion.
Adjournment: By: Scott Jaeger at 15h40
Next board meeting: Tuesday June 30, 2015 at 14h00
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.