Annual General Meeting 2014 Minutes
Date: Monday, September 29, 2014
Location: Barbara Jo’s Books to Cooks – 1740 W. 2nd Avenue, Vancouver
Call to Order By Scott Jaeger at 15h09
Roll Call: By Céline Turenne
In attendance: Robert Belcham, Ryan Bissell, Andrea Carlson, Sid Cross, Jonathan Chovancek, Scott Jaeger, Kyle Nordman, Céline Turenne, Neil Wyles, Barb Finley, Christine Derek, Leeann Froese, Joanne Mackinnon, Gus Stieffenhofer, Victor Girardi
Approval of AGM Minutes: September 23, 2013
Motion to approve by Céline Turenne; 1st: Kyle Nordman; 2nd: Jonathan Chovancek
- President's report – Scott Jaeger
Thank you to Barbara Jo for the use of her store to hold CTS board and AGM meetings as well as for the Barbara Jo’s Scholarship program.
Very happy with the board’s energy. The role of the Executive Director will change in the new year. Exciting events with new annual events Curry Cup and Slow Fish Mystery Dinner and on-going success of Spot Prawn Festival. Hawksworth Scholarship for second year, a 10k cheque given to Michael Christiansen, winner of this year’s competition – competition is now expanded to all of Canada and will be the same in 2015.
- Vice-president’s report – Jonathan Chovancek
Looking forward to another year working with board members in creating events and promoting CTS. Causes such as 4ARL will be at the forefront this year.
- Presentation of un-audited 2014 Financial Statements – Neil Wyles
Positive balance of 50k with additional revenues generated by this year’s events.
- Secretary's report – Céline Turenne
Meetings will be scheduled last Tuesday of every month except for December and July. All who want to attend are welcome, with notice to Secretary.
Special thank you to Katharine Manson, Manson Communications and Leeann Froese, Townhall Brands for on-going support of marketing activities throughout the year and special support during the last month.
- Presentations from Committee Chairs:
Spot Prawn Festival Committee – Ryan Bissel
- Successfull 2014 Festival (slide show) will be expanded in vision and scope for 2015 one;
- Looking forward to working with committee to expand Festival.
Branding & Marketing Committee - Robert Belcham
- 2 successful members events: R&B Brewing with food trucks and visit of second brewery and First spot prawn taste in the city at Campagnolo.
- Looking forward to focus marketing approach and goals for the Society.
- Call out for more volunteers in social media and graphic design. Volunteers to contact info@chefstablesociety.
- Will be working with Executive Director to increase traffic on web site and social media presence.
Membership Committee – Kyle Nordman
- Curry Cup sold out 5 days prior to event (slide show). 2015 event scheduled for March 3;
- Will keep working with schools to increase awareness and inform students about Society
- Signing up members at events will be a priority
Scholarship Committee – Scott Jaeger
- 4 scholarships given out in conjunction with BC Hospitality Foundation for a total of 6k
- Growing chefs and Projects Chef will be looked at as recipients for upcoming years sponsorships
- Will look at Hawksworth scholarship and how to generate funds for prize
- Barbara Jo’s scholarship recipients to be evaluated and confirmed – one grant per season
Sustainability Committee – Robert Clark (Céline Turenne gave report)
- Working with Slow Food movement and their Slow Fish initiative to help promote ideology.
- First Slow Fish Mystery Dinner was held on September 27 (slide show) and will be an annual event. Successful evening with participation from Sustainable fishers, salmon safe wine producers and organization to promote and educate public on slow fish concept.
- 2013/2014 Board resignation
All board members resigned their current position on the Board
- 2014/2015 Board nomination and election
President: Scott Jaeger
Past President: Julian Bond
Vice-President: Jonathan Chovancek
Treasurer: Neil Wyles
Secretary: Céline Turenne
Chairs: Robert Belcham, Ryan Bissell, Andrea Carlson, Robert Clark, Kyle Nordman, Chris Whittaker
Advisors: Sid Cross, Jamie Maw
Motion to approve new Board slate by Neil Wyles: 1st: Kyle Nordman; 2nd: Jonathan Chovancek
Meeting Adjournment by Scott Jaeger at 16h05