Board Meeting Minutes – June 27, 3017

Date:                           Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Location:                     Campagnolo, 1020 Main Street

Call to Order:              Scott Jaeger 1h31 pm

Roll Call:                      Céline Turenne

Board Attendance:      Robert Belcham, Darren Clay, Scott Jaeger, Danny Markowicz, Alex Tung, Celine Turenne, Neil Wyles

Guests:                        Victor Girardi, Colin Stauss

Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from May 30, 2017

1st: Danny Markowicz;  2nd:: Robert Belcham

____________________________________________________________________________ 

  1. Financial Report

       In the bank: 74.2 k

  1. Membership

 Members: 280 

  1. Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee

             No report 

  1. Marketing & Branding
  •  Culinary Library – marketing survey everyone is on the same page – Robert to compile; a reminder will be sent to all board members who have yet to fill out the survey;
  • Marketing plan – UBC Sauder business school; part 2 of the process; better define our steps forward; define who we are today;
  • Next steps:
  • Redefine web site; quarterly news letter; social media:
  • Celine to contact Kathleen Beveridge to discuss her taking over social media; offer tickets for events?
  • Open up social media to all board servers;
  • Dominic (IT) to automate so everything sends back and forth between web site and social media;
  • All board members to feed that person?
  • Buying gift certificate from members to give to helpers – ask our members
  • Vote for a quote on a web site: content – Colin is volunteering for reviewing pics and build the outline of a new web site; Celine to send link;
  • Create committee to increase participation – bring in fresh blood – passion to be transmitted to others – each board member to single out members who are active in the community and ask them to join.
  • Why do they want to become involved with Chefs’ Table? Positive change for the culinary community – content and library... legacy aspect is key

Board member to bring in additional chefs – how do you want to contribute? How do you want to be more involved? List of chefs will be sent separately to each board member.

Add a line as to how they could contribute to help out? Occupation? Special skills?

  • Celine to send letter to remaining board members; create list of potential people to get the letter; add contacts to the list. – To be organized over the summer once a plan is more detailed 
  1. 2017 EVENTS

August 26 -  BC Wild Salmon Festival (Chairs:  Chris Whittaker, Ryan Bissell):

  • event planning moving along,
  • timing of event is conflicting with Canada 150th celebrations (same date);
  • Celine to talk to Mike Loy and verify availability and timing.

September 12 - Chef meets Truck (Chairs:   Alex Tung, Danny Markowicz) :

  • event planning moving along;
  • Alex to send recap email to Celine so ticket information and PR can be organized.

September 23 – Chef Anton Mosimann (Neil is coordinating Vancouver Club, Scott is coordinating Chefs):

  • event planning is underway;
  • Neil and Scott to meet with Sean to discuss logistics.
  • CTS to donate an auction dinner to Les Dames d’Escoffier gala.
  • Invitation to schools – 50 supporters; events for chefs and supporters;

October 15 – Slow Fish Dinner – (Chairs: Darren Clay, Robert Belcham): Darren and Robert to meet and discuss.

  • November - Greatest Bake Sale Ever! – details to be confirmed (Chairs: Neil Wyles, Christine Beard) – Neil to discuss event – FROZEN items to be sold. – rent trucks for freezer
  • 2018 “Dinner with a chef” – project for next year; world renowned chef to be invited?

2020 chefs’ event:.

  • All board members have indicated they want to participate in the planning committees to create to start planning process.
  • Timing considered: June or early September.
  • Locations considered: TBC  
  1. Fundraising/Scholarship Committee

             One submission from Okanagan -

  1. Miscellaneous

 No items

____________________________________________________________________________

Adjournment:  by  Scott Jaeger @ 3h06

Next meeting: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 @ 1h30 pm

Location:         Campagnolo upstairs, 1020 Main Street

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *