Date: Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main Street
Call to Order: Scott Jaeger 1h31 pm
Roll Call: Céline Turenne
Board Attendance: Robert Belcham, Darren Clay, Scott Jaeger, Danny Markowicz, Alex Tung, Celine Turenne, Neil Wyles
Guests: Victor Girardi, Colin Stauss
Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from May 30, 2017
1st: Danny Markowicz; 2nd:: Robert Belcham
- Financial Report
In the bank: 74.2 k
- Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee
- Marketing & Branding
- Culinary Library – marketing survey everyone is on the same page – Robert to compile; a reminder will be sent to all board members who have yet to fill out the survey;
- Marketing plan – UBC Sauder business school; part 2 of the process; better define our steps forward; define who we are today;
- Next steps:
- Redefine web site; quarterly news letter; social media:
- Celine to contact Kathleen Beveridge to discuss her taking over social media; offer tickets for events?
- Open up social media to all board servers;
- Dominic (IT) to automate so everything sends back and forth between web site and social media;
- All board members to feed that person?
- Buying gift certificate from members to give to helpers – ask our members
- Vote for a quote on a web site: content – Colin is volunteering for reviewing pics and build the outline of a new web site; Celine to send link;
- Create committee to increase participation – bring in fresh blood – passion to be transmitted to others – each board member to single out members who are active in the community and ask them to join.
- Why do they want to become involved with Chefs’ Table? Positive change for the culinary community – content and library... legacy aspect is key
Board member to bring in additional chefs – how do you want to contribute? How do you want to be more involved? List of chefs will be sent separately to each board member.
Add a line as to how they could contribute to help out? Occupation? Special skills?
- Celine to send letter to remaining board members; create list of potential people to get the letter; add contacts to the list. – To be organized over the summer once a plan is more detailed
- 2017 EVENTS
August 26 - BC Wild Salmon Festival (Chairs: Chris Whittaker, Ryan Bissell):
- event planning moving along,
- timing of event is conflicting with Canada 150th celebrations (same date);
- Celine to talk to Mike Loy and verify availability and timing.
September 12 - Chef meets Truck (Chairs: Alex Tung, Danny Markowicz) :
- event planning moving along;
- Alex to send recap email to Celine so ticket information and PR can be organized.
September 23 – Chef Anton Mosimann (Neil is coordinating Vancouver Club, Scott is coordinating Chefs):
- event planning is underway;
- Neil and Scott to meet with Sean to discuss logistics.
- CTS to donate an auction dinner to Les Dames d’Escoffier gala.
- Invitation to schools – 50 supporters; events for chefs and supporters;
October 15 – Slow Fish Dinner – (Chairs: Darren Clay, Robert Belcham): Darren and Robert to meet and discuss.
- November - Greatest Bake Sale Ever! – details to be confirmed (Chairs: Neil Wyles, Christine Beard) – Neil to discuss event – FROZEN items to be sold. – rent trucks for freezer
- 2018 “Dinner with a chef” – project for next year; world renowned chef to be invited?
2020 chefs’ event:.
- All board members have indicated they want to participate in the planning committees to create to start planning process.
- Timing considered: June or early September.
- Locations considered: TBC
- Fundraising/Scholarship Committee
One submission from Okanagan -
Adjournment: by Scott Jaeger @ 3h06
Next meeting: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 @ 1h30 pm
Location: Campagnolo upstairs, 1020 Main Street