Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main Street
Call to Order: Scott Jaeger @ 14h00
Roll Call: Céline Turenne
Board Attendance: Robert Belcham, Ned Bell, Scott Jaeger, Danny Markowicz, Celine Turenne
Guests: Genevieve Dufresne, Leeann Froese, Colin Staus, Victor Girardi, Rob Clark
Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from February 28, 2017
1st: Scott Jaeger; 2nd Robert Belcham
- Financial Report
70 k in the bank
Members: 180 +
- Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee
- Marketing & Branding
- Picture of the board to be taken at the AGM – Robert and Danny away – NOT ENOUGH MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE – POSTPONED
- Potential for library – space on East Hastings is still available; 119 k asked for – 88 refused – Neil to see if negotiations are possible; letter created for sponsorship for people within the industry to give money
- Celine to send letter to remaining board members; create list of potential people to get the letter; add contacts to the list.
- SJ: set target with more detailed “what’s in it for you”; donations tiers – goal of investment – business plan with cash flow to be organized;
- Hire someone to write a business plan budget $1k
- YVR prep reviewed
- Celine to follow up with Roberta (Farmers’ Market)
- 2017 EVENTS
- March - Curry Cup: highest profit ever;
- May - Spot Prawn Festival & membership drive;
- Side dishes: sponsors for all;
- Volunteers: more chefs than we need; no restriction on inviting Chefs from outside CTS to demo;
- Email to Darren re permitting etc – temporary food permit only
- Door to door service of sides (Ned to follow-up with Mark Hills); pay for drivers?
- Mark: give tickets to Slow Fish
- Bucket with scrub brush to clean truck
- Ned to work on Oceanwise’s participation
- Create PLAN for tear down
- Milk crates for sitting?
- Ice selling?
- PRICE update: $19.75 (date to be determined)
- Music: Cassandra or new act?
- Coast guard –for the fishing ships; Police escort or Coast guard escort for the fishing vessels - Writing a letter to the Police or Coast Guards
- May - Spot Prawn Festival cooking classes (Darren)? – are we doing them? No decision yet.
- September - Chef meets Truck – DATE: Second week September
- BC Wild Salmon Festival (Chris W ; Ryan B co-chair) – DATE: end of September/October; suggestion made for a roaming dinner at Vancouver Club; Steve Richards will present to board/members and get back to us.
- Note: 2000lb given for free last Sunday of August at Vanier Park for Pink Salmon Festival; Chum celebration every year;
- Brewery and Beast want to be involved with CTS – Robert B to follow up
- October: - Slow Fish Dinner – DATE:October 15 – postponed due to other events; Celine to follow up on fish availability at that time.
- November - Greatest Bake Sale Ever! (Chair: Neil Wyles; co-chair: Christine Beard)
- Fundraising/Scholarship Committee
- Tent canopy replacement (Neil) – temporary fix done by Wharf
- Various requests (sponsorships and participation);
- Auction item sent for VCC dinner
- Input for Sheri’s proposal
- YVR prep info
- Broadway International Wine Shop (postponed to next meeting)
- Context Travel – docent for Granville Island food tours
- Project Chef Program Evaluation
- Asked by Western Living – foodies of the year to Leeann.
Adjournment: 3:20 pm
Next meeting: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 @ 2h00 pm
Location: Campagnolo upstairs, 1020 Main Street