Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Location: PICA, 1505 West 2nd Venue
Call to Order: Scott Jaeger @ 14h01
Roll Call: Céline Turenne
Board Attendance: Ryan Bissell, Darren Clay, Scott Jaeger, Alex Tung, Celine Turenne, Neil Wyles
Guests: Maddie Clerides, Genevieve Dufresne, Leeann Froese, Mark Hills, Kristian Leidig
Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from January 31, 2017
1st:Ryan Bissell; 2nd: Darren Clay
- Financial Report
63.5 k in the bank
- Members: 180
- Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee
- Marketing & Branding
- Picture of the board to be taken at the AGM – Robert and Danny away – NOT ENOUGH MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE - POSTPONED
- 2017 EVENTS
- February: PICA Kitchen Party – to be repeated; very successful, all feedback was positive and post mortem to be scheduled.
- March - Curry Cup: all planning is done, ticket sales are going really well and will be the hightest to date.
- May - Spot Prawn Festival – CONFIRMED DATE: Saturday May 13, 2017; Celine to have meeting with Ned on Tuesday March 7. Truck from Hills Foods is confirmed; looking for a sponsor for the cooking stage Sysco/Trimpack (?)
- May - Spot Prawn Festival cooking classes (Darren)? – are we doing them? No decision yet.
- September - Chef meets Truck – DATE: Second week September
- Slow Fish Dinner – DATE:October 15 – postponed due to other events; Celine to follow up on fish availability at that time.
- BC Wild Salmon Festival – DATE: end of September
- November - Greatest Bake Sale Ever! (Chair: Neil Wyles; cochair: Christine Beard)
- Fundraising/Scholarship Committee
- Tent canopy replacement (Neil)
- Various requests (sponsorships and participation); auction item to be sent for VCC dinner Celine to handle
- Request for sampling at SPF? Celine to follow-up on request and see if $ donation is involved.
- INGREDIENT OF THE YEAR? Seaweed; Supplier: North Arm Farm; Celine to send email to Board
- Earls: golf tournament for staff; awards night: event in Kelowna – 180 people 3-course dinner; CTS to do it 12k revenue; food donated; scheduled for August
Next meeting: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 @ 2h00 pm
Location: Campagnolo upstairs, 1020 Main Street