Date: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.
Call to Order: Robert Belcham @ 2 pm
Roll Call: Céline Turenne
Board Attendance: Eric Arrouze, Robert Belcham, Ned Bell, Ryan Bissell, Darren Clay, Sid Cross, Scott Jaeger, Danny Markowicz, Alex Tung, Celine Turenne, Chris Whittaker, Neil Wyles
Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from September 27, 2016
First: Ryan Bissell; Second: Robert Belcham
Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from October 25, 2016
First: Eric Arrouze; Second: Danny Markowicz
- Financial Report
65 k in the bank – 7.5 k in expenses pending = 57.5k
Membership drive suggested by Alex – all board members to use social medias; next step to be discussed at January meeting
- Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee
Blue Fin Tuna talk – very well attended with representatives from various groups (NGO, fishers, chefs); other talks to be organized: wild salmon, shrimps/prawns, etc.
- Marketing & Branding
- Suggestion was made by Ned to consider organizing another Chefs’ Congress – to be discussed further at January meeting
- Celine met with Leeann Froese. Agreement with Townhall will be renewed for another 2-year term – signature of agreement to be scheduled.
- T-shirts have been moved from Campagnolo to locker (General Store-All 1106 SW Marine Drive). Key has been left on site to allow access; contact Celine first so she can advise personnel to provide key.
- T-shirts will be handed out at events to start lowering inventory on hand and eventually stop needing storage area.
- Curry Cup
- Date: Monday March 6, 2017
- Chefs suggestion: Neil would welcome suggestions from chefs about themes and participating chefs
- Inclusion of chefs from other areas: Island chef collaborative (Robert to follow-up) and Okanagan chefs society (Ned to follow-up) – this applies to all events’ participation
- Judges: Meeru and Vikram?
- South China Seas as a sponsor (Neil to follow-up)
- Neil and Eric to plan a meeting
- Spot Prawn Festival
- Date TBC (Ned to follow-up)
- Alternate site to be considered in case current site is under construction
- Celine and Ned to meet early January to firm up festival outline (Celine to coordinate)
- Festival is now broken down into parts with chefs overseeing each part
- Spot Prawns supply: day of event – weighing, supply chain
- Boil: coordination, staffing, serving
- Sides production, coordination
- Beverage sampling: coordination
- Education: NGO’s organizations
- Cooking demos: cooking stage
- Fundraising/Scholarship Committee
- Aaron Hoffman scholarship: send letter to Scott re: scholarship (Celine to prepare) to be given with cheque
- BCHF scholarships:5 chosen – travel? $500. Budget proposed – motion approved
- Award ceremony will be in January at White Spot (sponsor)
- All students (winners and proposed) along with instructors to be given membership
- Mentoring program: assign a chef for the next year to ask questions offer stages… give contact information; Danny coordinate
- Presentation from Barb Koyanagi from Sprouting Chefs (sproutingchefs.com) - Edible education – would like to have chefs connect with the program and participate in the education process
Fundraiser: CTS provided a gift basket: next step: chefs to participate
Discussion: should CTS send a letter to government? To be discussed
- By-law changes: Sid and Celine to review and propose amendments; to be agreed upon at AGM; new contact at law firm: Jeffrey Thomas
- Mailing address is now changed to Campagnolo’s: 1020 Main St., Vancouver BC V6A 2W1
- AGM Date: Tuesday February 28 at 2 pm – everyone to consider renewing for one more year or finding suitable replacements for their committee.
Adjournment: Scott Jaeger @ 3h35 pm
Next meeting: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 @ 2h00 pm
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.