Date: Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Location: PICA, 1505 W. 2nd Avenue
Call to Order: 2h04
Roll Call: Céline Turenne
Board Attendance: Darren Clay, Sid Cross, Scott Jaeger, Celine Turenne, Neil Wyles
Guests: Alex Tung, Rob Clark, Mark Hills
Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from April 5, 2016
1st:Scott Jaeger; 2nd:Sid Cross
Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from May 31, 2016
1st: Sid Cross; 2nd: Scott Jaeger
- Financial Report
Erosion of numbers to 79; fall will see membership campaign
- Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee
- Marketing & Branding
- Slow Fish Dinner 2017
8 chefs: Sean Cousins; Ned Bell; Miru Dalwal; Thomson Tran; Karen Barnaby; Wang?
Normand? Anthony? Send contact info to Darren for Anthony
- Fall Truck Event
- Update: BIA to do the heavy lifting – expertise
- Chefs to cook: Scott; Neil, Wang…
- Permitting for alcohol: BIA to look after?
- Date: September 13 – (CONFIRMED)
- BIA to assist
- People’s Choice to decide on favourite truck/chef combo?
- Meeting to be planned with BIA
- Mid-July deadline to firm up date, location and other details
Sushi Showdown – Celine to get back to organizer and see what her next steps are.
Motion to give to Oceanwise: $4k out of profit to Ocean wise; Accepted; Rob to work out details of cheque donation. Townhall to issue a press release re: event donation; Celine to talk to Annmarie about timing of donation – during Oceanwise event?
Adjournment: 2h36 pm
Next meeting: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 @ 2h00 pm
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.