Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main St., Vancouver
Call to Order: Scott Jaeger at 14h00
Roll Call: Céline Turenne
Board Attendance: Céline Turenne, Robert Belcham, Scott Jaeger, Neil Wyles, Sid Cross, Chris Whittaker, Darren Clay, Robert Clark (For SPF topic)
Guests: Alex Tung, Kathleen Beveridge
Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from November 27, 2015 - 1st: Robert; 2nd: Chris
- $41.5 K in the bank
- HSBC bank reconciliation still pending
- Social media will be done by Darren Clay to help keep CTS in the forefront.
Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee
- Gus is in Winnipeg, no report.
Marketing & Branding
- No plans for members’ events
- Sid and Alex will be working together to come up with a new event for the Fall
Curry Cup 2016
- To date, no female chef participating
- Robert B to follow-up on disposable dishes as no answer received to date from last year’s sponsor;
- Sid suggested getting gift bags for participants (follow-up required – Celine)
Spot Prawn Festival
- Cookie cutter based on last year’s event;
- Invitations have been sent to political figures at municipal, provincial and federal level to be present/speaking at the SPF when the boats arrive;
- Scott to talk to contact at Earls to see if their staff would volunteer at the boil (10 to 15)
- Cooking classes at PICA on the Saturday (profit generating or donated);
- Volunteer students: if cooking classes are happening, then do we need students from other schools?
- location to be confirmed as initial talks with Aquarium have not led to securing the venue;
- Scott to talk to Gus about hosting the event at Perch;
- Out of town chefs to be invited to participate (work out hotel rooms and incidental expenses – 4 Seasons?, Sutton Place?);
- Chefs who participate at dinner could reproduce their dish at the cooking stage at SPF
- Rob is proposing a week-long celebration with restaurants featuring spot prawn dishes,
- Global Television: contact to see if interested in working on a one-week competition featuring teens and chefs – see if Project Chefs or Growing Chefs are interested in participating;
- All events to be added to the SPF web site;
- No report
- Alex wants to get more involved with the Fundraising/Partnership part of this; should a new chair be created for Corporate fundraising to bring in additional funds and create additional scholarships?
- Avalon Dairy: Alex will see if and how we can partner with them;
- Proposal by Len (from Sysco) to get more involved in CTS: how can Sysco get involved with CTS: education? Budget? Not determined yet to follow up and create a committee to work and see if/how,
- IT update of work done: Dominic, new IT is doing a great job at fixing little bugs and coming up with creative solutions; membership payment and renewal has been automated and electronic membership cards are next.
- Dish n’Dazzle chefs participation (last year’s participant) confirmed on behalf of BCHF.
- Governor General’s Prize: Okanagan winery is sponsoring the award next year, does CTS want to get involved for the next one?
Adjournment: Scott Jaeger @ 15h05
Next meeting: Tuesday February 23, 2016 at 14h00
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.