Location: Barbara Jo’s Books to Cooks Call to Order – Julian 2:10pm
Roll Call – Mary Mackay noted attendance
Julian Bond, Robert Clark, Mary Mackay ,Neil Wyles, Scott Jaeger, Robert Belcham, Chris Whittaker, Kyle Nordman, Ned Bell, Nessa van Bergen, Jonathan Chovancek, Andrea Carlson, Ryan Bissell, Josh Wolfe, Curtis Webb, Dwayne Botcher
Approval of Board Minutes August 27, 2013– Nessa van Bergen 1st, Robert Belcham 2nd
Financial Report – Neil
- No Report – Neil reminded the board that there is a need to regenerate revenue.
Board Slate 2013/2014
- Board reviewed the slate and approved for 2013/2014
- Secretary position still to be filled.
Hawksworth Scholarship- Nessa
- Scott will present the $10,000 cheque to the winner on behave of the CTS, at PICA on October 27, 2013.
- Nessa has been provided with budget information, board will review.
- 19 applications to date, 13 from BC.
- 2 tickets to attend the gala dinner at Hawksworth Restaurant to be auctioned off, this will be used as a fundraising opportunity for CTS.
- 30 tickets will be made available for membership to attend and observe the competition.
Donation Request - Nessa
- Growing Chefs has put in a request for a Dine Around Package from the CTS, Nessa will mention to membership at the AGM.
CONNECT Show/CRFA request for Chef Demos - Nessa
- GFS is sponsoring a chef demo stage at the show and is looking for chefs, no budget, ingredients will be provided by GFS.
- CTS are interested in running the stage at next year’s show for a budget.
Generic Inquiries through the website-Nessa
- Nessa to manage the forum and will direct chefs to be involved with responding to questions posted on the website.
- Board members to post on forum as well as Facebook to drive members to forum.
Kyle and Chris visited North West Culinary Institute to talk to students about CTS, handed out Belong cards.
Motion to cover the cost of culinary student’s membership dues for 1st year of membership provided they are presently registered in a local culinary school by Kyle and Chris.
Board voted and passed the motion. CTS will cover cost of the membership; this will not include a free t-shirt. Students will receive a free t-shirt after volunteering at a CTS event.
Membership appreciation brewery tour on Sunday, September 29 at 2pm. Karen will handle membership sign up at the event.
Motion to not require the Board Secretary Position to be a chef was put forward by Mary. Board voted and passed the motion.
Meeting Adjourned at 3:19pm – Julian Bond