BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Date: Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main Street
Call to Order: By: Scott Jaeger at 14h04
Roll Call: By: Céline Turenne
Attendance: Robert Belcham, Andrea Carlson, Leeann Froese, Scott Jaeger, Kyle Nordman, Céline Turenne, Chris Whittaker
Guests: Tyler Day, Mathew Koyanagi, Alberto Ruiz Larrea Medina,
Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from September 29, 2014
1st: Robert Belcham; 2nd: Kyle Nordman
- Financial Report
- Membership Committee
- Kyle has found alternatives for the on-line membership; Céline, Kyle and Chris to meet and review;
- new drive – schools and a letter from the board to all lapsed members – draft by Céline sent around.
- Senior and juniors in all establishments should be members.
- Members event: City of Vancouver garbage demo; Andre Larivière (Robert B. to contact and coordinate)
- Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee
- Slow Fish Mystery Chef Dinner – CONFIRMED for Sunday September 27, 2015
- Marketing & Branding
- Marketing Plan – meeting at Peartree (done by Karen and Katharine) – everyone to read and respond to Robert B. as to where CTS is going and should go. Please all – by next Friday (separate email send to the board). Celine will consolidate answers and forward to Robert B for analysis and recap for next board meeting.
- Robert wants to involve Leeann in the process of determining where we are going and if change is needed how to go about it.
- Spot Prawn Festival
- Date for first committee meeting to be confirmed – send email to Ryan to follow-up as changes need to be done to format, planning needs to start now.
- Curry Cup
- November 15 start of event planning copy of last year’s event – post event feedback from guests - Céline to organize;
- Silent auction to prepare; raffle; sell more tickets 30 more;
- Leeann wine contacts; Céline to offer information about Slow fish wineries.
- Event’s save the date. March 3, 2015; December all details judges, participants.
Insurance: email Neil for details;
- Fundraising/Scholarship Committee
- Auction item for Growing Chef (recap) – Bittered Sling package $55; dinner gift certificates part of “dine out for a year package” – generated $1000
- Hawksworth Scholarship: next steps meeting Nov. 6 – finding a sponsor to find money for the prize; all participants be members of CTS; increase attendance from CTS;
- Hospitality scholarship: giving 3 scholarship - 1 high school and 2 college level at lunch on Monday at Connect Show. Scott to attend.
- Auction item for Tina Fineza fundraiser (recap) – $500 value, generated $300.00
- Executive Director report
- Executive Director recruitment: next steps – will start in the new year;
- Time/Attendance/etc.: discussion needed on attendance to meetings; ALL TO RESPOND TO EMAILS SENT.
- Review of financial set-up and next steps
Motion to accepts revamped financial structure:
In order to simplify the accounting process within the Society, to facilitate reporting, it is proposed that the Society will go to:
- From 2 bank accounts to only 1 (keep one currently at RBC)
- 2 account holders on record at all times: President and Treasurer
- 2 signees: President and Treasurer
1 signee for amounts less than and equal to $2500.00
2 signees for amounts greater than $2500.00
- Request to be made for a CTS credit card: to be used for monthly charges (web hosting, contact management software, etc)
- Request to be made for client card
1 allowing all transactions
1 allowing deposits only
- Additional contacts on file (info given, no transactions): Executive Director and Secretary
Motion proposed by Céline Turenne - 1st: Scott Jaeger; 2nd: Robert Belcham
Céline will initiate the change process.
Adjournment: By: Scott Jaeger at 14h57
Next board meeting: Tuesday. November 25, 2014 at 14h00
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.