Date: Tuesday October 27, 2015
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main St., Vancouver
Call to Order: Scott Jaeger at 14h00
Roll Call: Céline Turenne
Board Attendance: Robert Belcham, Andrea Carlson, Darren Clay, Scott Jaeger, Gus Stieffenhofer-Brandson, Céline Turenne
Guests: Kathleen Beveridge (Town Hall Communications),
Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from September 28, 2015
1st:Scott; 2nd: Robert
- Financial Report
- Accounting for 2014: still waiting for HSBC bank statements from Neil
- 48.5k in bank accounts – few expenses pending
- As of today: 73 chefs and 64 supporters = 137 members
- November/December will be “renewal months” for lapsed member
- Automate renewal in web site to facilitate process
- Discussion on who gets memberships for free –
- Get auto-renew operating again to facilitate management of membership (Email Stephanie to get information re web since Karen will no longer be managing it)
- Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee
- Slow Fish Dinner final numbers: 5.5k profit
- Appointment of Gus Stieffenhofer-Brandson as chair
- Appointment of Andrea Carlson as co chair
- Motion to accept 1st Robert 2nd Darren
- Marketing & Branding
- Update on November Membership event: various locations looked at; this will have a budget of app 2.5k for about 50 people and media;
- Vice-president Robert accepted
- Motion by Scott; 1st: Darren 2nd: Gus
- f/u with Robert re marketing activities
- Curry Cup 2016
- Date to be decided – plan a few weeks after wine festival; day to be on a Tuesday or Sunday
- Email to Neil and Chris
- Spot Prawn Festival
- Update from conf call Ryan/Rob/Celine
- Date is set for May 15 for Festival and May 14 for Gala (location to be decided: PICA, Aquarium,…).
- Number of attendees to be confirmed
- Speakers will be invited as this is the 10th anniversary
- Looking for sponsorship for cooking stage: Andrea to follow up on contact with VanCity (Celine to follow-up)
- More volunteers needed for the event as this will be the biggest one
- Fundraising/Scholarship Committee
- Summary from Danny:
Since the AGM, the focus has been on finalizing the Chefs Table/BC Hospitality foundation entries, and selecting the winners.
I’m happy to report that three students were selected based on merit and their achievements. They are Shawna James from VIU,
Brittany Louie from Johnston Heights Secondary, and Mary Wan from the Arts Institute. The winning students were presented a cheque for 1500$ each at the Connect show breakfast last Monday.
BCHF has also reached out to add info to their website. I will get back to them with a follow up.
During the AGM last month, I spoke with Barbara Jo with regards to getting her store more exposure thru CTS, and how we could help get books into the hands of cooks.
This will be a work in progress…
- (BCHF said they would not pay accommodations and travel expenses in the future; use technology to get presence for out of town winners, if needed.
- Update on participation to Connect Show Oct. 18 and 19, 2015: 9 memberships ($315)+ many new contacts – all costs are covered $250 for booth set-up + $ parking/cabs = $310.00) – to be re-done next year, but chefs to attend
- Update on Farms to Fork gala (Growing chefs auction) $375. For silent auction prize
- The Vinegar Lady products received at Connect show given to board members for their review; Celine to email Vinegar Lady
- Use of board titles/responsibilities from ex members: Leeann suggested she looks after it since from a PR point of view it can be confusing – message to all ex board members.
Adjournment: Scott Jaeger at 1505
Next meeting: Tuesday November 24, at 2 pm
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.