Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.
Call to Order: Robert Belcham @ 2h02 pm
Roll Call: Céline Turenne
Board Attendance: Robert Belcham, Celine Turenne, Neil Wyles, Eric Arrouze
Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from September 27, 2016 – postponed to November meeting
- Financial Report
64 k in the bank
- Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee
- Marketing & Branding
Robert Belcham will be participating in Island Chef Collaborative’s event “The Shaker” on December 4
- Curry Cup
- Heritage Hall is booked for March 6;
- Neil to ask chefs
- Waste Management bin required to dispose of compostable – delivery at 6 pm and p/u early morning due to lack of space in the lane for the bin.
- Spot Prawn Festival
- Start of planning Celine to present plan for upcoming SPF – postponed to November meeting
- Fundraising/Scholarship Committee – report from Danny via email
- Aaron Hoffman has been contacted as the recipient of 2K from CTS (he has not responded, but I know he’s away) – cheque ready to be mailed;
- As of this morning, I have 17 nominations from across the province for the BCHF scholarship
- I have confirmed internally with White Spot team, and we are comfortable hosting an event where we can give out the BCHF scholarships.
- I have not yet contacted Alan Sacks, but in theory, we are good to go for 35 ppl luncheon, and WS will pick up the cost of F&B.
- To make this work, ideally, we need the event to happen between November 14 – December 8, or else is gets too busy with holidays..
- I will make the short list of finalists, send a note to all the instructors thanking them for their nominations, and be prepared to announce the winners (internally) to BCHF and CTS by end of this week.
- Maybe we could discuss the luncheon event over the phone before I reach out to Alan?...
- Growing Chefs silent auction prize – package prepared and delivered to PICA.
- Fall/Winter sweet/dessert event – The Greatest Bake Sale Ever! Pastry – POSTPONED TO NEXT YEAR.
- Project Chef – sponsorship – Curry Cup will make a donation
- Wine Festival – PICA kitchen party – event – CTS logo to be included in Wine Festival Program as co-sponsor of event
- Blue Fin Talk – event – Board agreed to participate; Celine to follow-up with Ned
- BC Salmon Marketing Council – event – Board agreed to continue discussion and review feasibility
- Hopscotch Festival – event – Board indicated CTS will not participate
- Sushi Showdown – event – Celine to follow-up and get more information; could be on the calendar for next year - TBC
- Better Buy Chairs – link on web site – no link to be included at this time.
- Gala: 2k to Oceanwise to be sent
Adjournment: Robert Belcham at 3h05 pm
Next meeting: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 @ 2h00 pm