Board Meeting Minutes – May 31, 2016

Date:                            Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Location:                      Campagnolo, 1020 Main St., Vancouver

Call to Order:                Robert Belcham @ 1h33

Roll Call:                       Céline Turenne

Board Attendance:        Robert Belcham, Ryan Bissell, Scott Jaeger, Danny Markowicz Celine Turenne

Guests:                         Alex Tung, Kathleen Beveridge

Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from April 5, 2016 – postponed to next meeting

1st:   ; 2nd:

Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from April 26, 2016

1st: Ryan    ; 2nd: Danny

____________________________________________________________________________

  1. Financial Report

$86.7 in bank (expenses outstanding from SPF events)

  1. Membership

Activities needed to improve

  1. Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee

No report

  1. Marketing & Branding

No report

  1. Slow Fish Dinner 2016

First committee meeting was held, plans are moving forward.

  1. Curry Cup 2017

No report

  1. 10th annual Spot Prawn Festival events

Boil (Sunday May 15)

  • Very successful event with biggest number of attendees since inception of festival
  • Suggestions for next year:
  • All spot prawns deliveries to be accompanied by delivery slip
  • Donation agreement for free pot prawns to be managed by PPFA – along with payment since we keep having problems with deliveries/quantities
  • Count number of people in line to arrange for food portioning
  • Get more volunteers: 12 people per serving line are needed and then volunteers for other area;  if people show up, then their membership is paid, they get a shirt, ….
  • Add more table tops or other tables for people to eat at; no chairs so people move on
  • Skipper Otto set-up a table without checking with CTS – all tables to be checked by CTS and must be pre-approved
  • Sell water? See if we can get bottled water or juices to sell (additional revenues)
  • Sell wine and beer? See how we can set-up an alcohol selling area

Spot Sprawn Gala (Friday May 13)

  • Beautiful event
  • Generated less revenues as not sold out, but still profitable
  • Donation to Oceanwise to be organized
  • The Club want to work with us again … do we repeat?
  • Have a plaque made for the Club to go on their wall – Celine to organize

Spot Prawn Cooking Classes (Saturday May 14)

  • To be repeated next year
  • Sold out in 2 weeks
  • Same format, but try to get 2 instructors
  • Everyone got a lb of prawns and an apron
  • Increase price to $40.00 (from $35.00)
  1. Fundraising/Scholarship

No activities

  1. Miscellaneous

Fall food truck event

  • Meeting with Yaletown BIA, suggestion was made to get a Vancouver Trolley for serving alcohol, BIA will help with logistics of events and working with City to get permit for park and parking meters; they want it to be associated with Taste of Yaletown event.
  • CTS to pair one chef per truck

Donation for  Sprouting Chefs

  • motion to vote - donation of $ - no accepted, donation of gift basket items - accepted

AGM:

  • Tuesday June 28 at 2:30 pm
  • Focus: sustainable delivery containers, Scott to invite Sysco and others suppliers to attend

_________________________________________________________________________________

Adjournment:  Scott Jaeger at 3h18 pm

Next meeting:  Tuesday, June 28, 2016 @ 2:00 pm

Location:  PICA, 1505 W 2nd Avenue

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *