Board Meeting Minutes – August 30, 2016

Date:                            Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Location:                       Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.

Call to Order:                 Scott Jaeger @ 2h00

Roll Call:                       Céline Turenne

Board Attendance:         Robert Belcham, Ryan Bissell, Darren Clay, Sid Cross, Scott Jaeger, Danny Markowicz, Alex Tung, Celine Turenne

Guests:                         Kathleen Beveridge

Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from June 28, 2016

1st: Ryan Bissell; 2nd: Darren Clay

___________________________________________________________________________

  1. Financial Report

$73.0 K

  1. Membership

Board member to lend a hand and sell membership; table for recruiter

  1. Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee

Dr. Scott Wallace – sustainability of trollers; invitation to attend board meeting in October; Slow Fish invitation for next year

Commission salmon report? CTS to endorse issue; press release letter to support initiative; link to slow fish event

  1. Marketing & Branding

Investment project: postponement of project - next step to get back to Barbara Jo

  1. Slow Fish Dinner 2016
  • Update: sold out … 105 on 120 as of today
  • Ryan; Danny will be at event
  • Wine from SPF gala: donation of wine to the school; 6 bottles;
  • Sommelier: reach out to new graduates for the experience;
  1. Fall Food Truck Event
  • Update: 50 tickets sold ($69.00)
  • Posting of social medias – offer a CTS VIP experience
  • 8 dishes; beer and wine tastings wife, Sid to pour
  • Volunteers from NWCAV – volunteers? Not yet in session
  • 4oz and 7 oz glasses
  • Ryan’s presence (TBC)
  • Media? Truck on site to do a segment with participating chef
  • No amplified sound
  • Plastic ponchos – source
  • Lighting – do we need? Underneath the tent? See Scott for string of lights; see Robert;
  • Extra hands from board: membership;
  • If tickets don’t sell then …
  • BC living – Nicky Bailey – Eat Vancouver -
  1. Fundraising/Scholarship Committee

No report

  1. Miscellaneous
  • November event? Not this year
  • Request for event blueprint – proprietary information each request will be evaluated separately;
  • New spice venture (Darren to present) - have a store front to sell products: educational and sensory; Chefs to test and give feedback; Robert would love to be a wholesale customer – Curry Cup sensory table – sponsor
  • Spot prawns purchases – worked out – pay out outstanding
  • Tote initiative: works for PICA; Darren to send pictures to Celine to post on Facebook

_________________________________________________________________________________

Adjournment:  Scott Jaeger @ 3h21

Next meeting:  Tuesday, September 27, 2016 @ 2h00 pm

Location:  Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *