Board Meeting Minutes – April 26, 2016

Date:                            Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Location:                      The Fish Counter 3825 Main St., Vancouver

Call to Order:                Scott Jaeger @ 14h09

Roll Call:                       Céline Turenne

Board Attendance:        Robert Clark, Darren Clay, Scott Jaeger, Celine Turenne, Neil Wyles

Guests:                         Alex Tung, Eric Arrouze

Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from April 5, 2016 – postponed to next meeting

1st:   ; 2nd:

____________________________________________________________________________

  1. Financial Report

57.9 k in bank

  1. Membership
  • No new development –
  • A membership booth will be set-up at the Spot Prawn Festival Boil to sign-up new members – ALL CULINARY STUDENTS can get a membership for free;
  1. Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee
  • No report
  • Robert has sent out a template for green initiative; Darren is using it and also returning all the cardboard boxes he is getting deliveries in at the school
  • Focus for the AGM – freshpoint; sysco and others: how can we work with the suppliers at getting better sustainable options for product deliveries;
  • Send invitation major players for attending AGM and discussing.
  1. Marketing & Branding
  • Fall event: Danny & Alex to co-chair event
  • Food trucks and farmer’s market: Alex spoke with some food trucks; Tie-in with farmers’ market will be challenging due to weather and ticketing restrictions;
  • October – LAST DAY OF THE MARKET –
  • Space TO BE CONFIRMED; Nat Bailey Winter market? Italian Cultural Center? Celine To f/u with Costanza
  • LIVE MUSIC?
  1. Slow Fish Dinner 2016
  • Date: Sunday September 18
  • Darren Clay is the chair
  1. Curry Cup 2016
  • Neil to chair Curry Cup 2017
  1. Spot Prawn Festival
  • Eric to send name of photographer

Boil (Sunday May 15)

  • Terry Mulligan radio show: Scott will attend if needed; Celine to send email to Amy
  • Cook Culture is still interested in the demo stage
  • Salt Spring coffee is out; Darren and Scott to contact alternate sponsors
  • Scott to contact Earls to get chefs to cook at the Boil
  • Darren and Ryan are working together on health permit, side dishes – lentils will be featured to celebrate the year of the pulse!
  • Celine to send invitation to all past chairs and chefs to participate in the boil

Spot Sprawn Gala (Friday May 13)

  • Champagne to be confirmed
  • Big push on tickets sale needed!

Spot Prawn Cooking Classes (Saturday May 14)

  • Celine to prepare Fish Counter gift certificate and send to Rob for review
  1. Fundraising/Scholarship Committee
  • No news

_________________________________________________________________________________

Adjournment:  By Scott Jaeger at 3h16 pm

Next meeting:  Tuesday, May 31, 2016 @ 2:00 pm

Location:  Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *