Board Meeting Minutes February 23, 2016

Date:                            Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Location:                      Campagnolo, 1020 Main St., Vancouver

Call to Order:              Scott Jaeger  at 2:01 pm

Roll Call:                       Céline Turenne

Board Attendance:        Robert Belcham, Ryan Bissell, Robert Clark, Darren Clay, Sid Cross, Scott Jaeger, Gus Stieffenhofer-Brandson, Celine Turenne, Chris Whittaker

Guests:                         Alex Tung, Kathleen Beveridge

Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from January 26, 2016

1st:Sid ; 2nd: Robert B

______________________________________________________________

  1. Financial Report
  • $38.5 k in the bank + $8 k in Paypal = $46.5 k
  1. Membership
  • Lot more social medias for curry cup and promotion of event
  • All chefs at Curry Cup to become members
  • Celine to arrange for all chefs to follow up with participating chefs – include in the letter to be sent
  • Drive at Van Mag - Ask Jenni for a table for Chefs’ Table to sign up members
  1. Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee
  • GFS, Sysco and Freshpoint (system to follow) – what they are doing to be sustainable and what can we do to streamline;
  • Gus to get info from his computer at AMS;
  • Work with restaurants to inform/act
  • TOTE presentation at the AGM – Albion started the process of sustainable deliveries
  1. Marketing & Branding
  • f/u Sid and Alex will be working together to come up with a new event for the Fall – adjourned to March meeting
  • Scout membership : renew ask; for free membership – Andrew Morrison to be contacted by Sid
  1. Curry Cup 2016
  • Andrea Carlson filled in for Josh Gale;
  • Robert B to follow-up on disposable dishes as no answer received to date from last year’s sponsor – no need, got compostable from ;
  • Sid suggested getting gift bags for participants (follow-up required – Celine): roasted chickpeas will be given;
  • Students from NWCV to volunteers
  • Suggestion from Sid to talk about curry at the event to inform public - Chris to review
  1. Spot Prawn Festival

Festival:

  • Members’ event after the spot prawn festival
  • Vancouver Tourism to be contacted and get on board
  • Discussion needed re: participating on competition with Global
  • $17.50 same as last year

Gala dinner:

  • Aquarium no; Vancouver Club – selected venue
  • Ticket price: 200.00
  • Black tie optional
  • Chefs selection – Rob C to confirm other chefs
    • Frank?
    • Vancouver Island?
    • Okanagan?
    • Ned has been invited
    • Chefs selection: hors d’oeuvre – select apprentices – canapé 3 chairs that have run the festival; apprentice from Hawksworth?
    • Dessert: ?
  • Season will open on Tuesday prior to event
  • Restaurants to participate in activities – Rob C to contact

FRIDAY:           Gala – proceeds to Oceawise

SATURDAY:     Cooking classes – proceeds to school

SUNDAY:         Festival – proceeds to CTS

  1. Fundraising/Scholarship Committee
  • No report
  1. Miscellaneous
  •  Invitation to Japan Consulate Event verify email addresses as mail is not getting through
  • VanMag Supplier award – new ownership; next couple of days; chose a product, a supplier; and forward the email to all – then send to Jenni – Grain; SEND EMAIL TODAY
  • Mental Health initiative – Scott’s topic – send information to all board members; set-up meeting with Alan; seminar every year and students can attend; hearing from people who have had challenges; health plan from CTS; presentation from insurance – review health offers; identifying problems; alcohol and drugs; EMAIL FORWARDED
  • Miscellaneous : insurance is at same rate as last year

_____________________________________________________________________

Adjournment:  Scott 15h02

Next meeting:  Tuesday March 29, 2016 at 14h00

Location:  Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *