Board Meeting Minutes January 26, 2016

Date:                            Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Location:                     Campagnolo, 1020 Main St., Vancouver

Call to Order:              Scott Jaeger at 14h00

Roll Call:                      Céline Turenne

Board Attendance:     Céline Turenne, Robert Belcham, Scott Jaeger, Neil Wyles, Sid Cross, Chris Whittaker, Darren Clay, Robert Clark (For SPF topic)

Guests:                         Alex Tung, Kathleen Beveridge

Approval of Board Meeting Minutes from November 27, 2015 -   1st: Robert; 2nd: Chris

____________________________________________________________________________

Financial Report

  •  $41.5 K in the bank
  • HSBC bank reconciliation still pending

Membership

  • Social media will be done by Darren Clay to help keep CTS in the forefront.

Sustainability/Growers/Green Initiatives Committee

  • Gus is in Winnipeg, no report.

Marketing & Branding

  • No plans for members’ events
  • Sid and Alex will be working together to come up with a new event for the Fall

Curry Cup 2016

  • To date, no female chef participating
  • Robert B to follow-up on disposable dishes as no answer received to date from last year’s sponsor;
  • Sid suggested getting gift bags for participants (follow-up required – Celine)

Spot Prawn Festival

Festival:

  • Cookie cutter based on last year’s event;
  • Invitations have been sent to political figures at municipal, provincial and federal level to be present/speaking at the SPF when the boats arrive;
  • Scott to talk to contact at Earls to see if their staff would volunteer at the boil (10 to 15)
  • Cooking classes at PICA on the Saturday (profit generating or donated);
  • Volunteer students: if cooking classes are happening, then do we need students from other schools?

Gala dinner:

  • location to be confirmed as initial talks with Aquarium have not led to securing the venue;
  • Scott to talk to Gus about hosting the event at Perch;
  • Out of town chefs to be invited to participate (work out hotel rooms and incidental expenses – 4 Seasons?, Sutton Place?);
  • Chefs who participate at dinner could reproduce their dish at the cooking stage at SPF
  • Rob is proposing a week-long celebration with restaurants featuring spot prawn dishes,
  • Global Television: contact to see if interested in working on a one-week competition featuring teens and chefs – see if Project Chefs or Growing Chefs are interested in participating;
  • All events to be added to the SPF web site;

Fundraising/Scholarship Committee

  •  No report
  • Alex wants to get more involved with the Fundraising/Partnership part of this; should a new chair be created for Corporate fundraising to bring in additional funds and create additional scholarships?
  • Avalon Dairy: Alex will see if and how we can partner with them;

Miscellaneous

  • Proposal by Len (from Sysco) to get more involved in CTS: how can Sysco get involved with CTS: education? Budget? Not determined yet to follow up and create a committee to work and see if/how,
  •  IT update of work done: Dominic, new IT is doing a great job at fixing little bugs and coming up with creative solutions; membership payment and renewal has been automated and electronic membership cards are next.
  •  Dish n’Dazzle chefs participation (last year’s participant) confirmed on behalf of BCHF.
  •  Governor General’s Prize: Okanagan winery is sponsoring the award next year, does CTS want to get involved for the next one?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Adjournment: Scott Jaeger @ 15h05

Next meeting: Tuesday February 23, 2016 at 14h00

Location: Campagnolo, 1020 Main St.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *